How to play LAN games using Hamachi?
Want games with Hamachi Well, the answer to all your questions above will be answered in this topic. Just follow the steps and you can play with your friends via LAN.
Having trouble playing Counter Strike with friends on LAN (Class C error)? Can’t play cooperative games with your friends? Or you just don’t know how to set up Hamachi and play with friends?
1. You need to know what is and how to setup: LogMeIn-Hamachi.
2. After joining or hosting the network, the host has to right click on network(s) that have joined him and select “Details”. Under the “Settings” tab, you’ll find VPN alias.
3. The VPN alias has to be changed due to different IP range which gives “Class C error” in CounterStrike. For example:
Your friend has IP 188.8.131.52, you have IP 184.108.40.206 => both of you have the same IP range so you won’t have problem with class C error.
Your friend has IP 220.127.116.11, you have IP 18.104.22.168 => both of you have different IP range and you will have problem with class C error.
So changing VPN alias provides solution to above problem. For each network joined to host, the host has to change their VPN aliases matching the IP range of host’s IP address, that is, for eg.
I have created LAN server, my IP is 22.214.171.124 and my friend who want to join my LAN server has IP: 126.96.36.199
His IP has different IP range from my IP, so i need to change VPN alias of his, i.e,
I’ll change his VPN alias into 188.8.131.52
4. Restart LogMeIn-Hamachi.
5. Create LAN game by launching Counter Strike, Choose New Game -> Choose the map -> Set up your server -> Start.
6. Ask another network to Join LAN Game by launching Counter Strike, Choose Find Servers -> LAN -> Select the Name of server that host has created -> Connect.
Hamachi for Gaming list
Hamachi for gaming with Hamachi you can play as if you were setting up your own Lan Party and play on a local network.