What is Hamachi logmein?
Hamachi is a virtual network service that can be set up in minutes and enables secure remote access to your company network anywhere there is an Internet connection.
Unlike traditional hardware and software based VPN systems, Hamachi is an on-demand virtual network service that allows you to focus your time and energy on providing the remote connections your users and systems need, not the technology or infrastructure you are using to support them.
What are the key features of Hamachi?
Hamachi is our VPN product and will allow you to set up a virtual private network that will allow you to share data between the computers on your network. Subscription model:
- Free subscription allows you to have 5 members in one network
- The standard subscription allows you to have 32 members in one network
- Premium subscription or a Central subscription allows you to have 256 members in one network
- Multi-network subscription allows you to have 256 members in one network and unlimited number of networks
- Cloud-Based Virtual Networks – Deliver virtual networks, over the web, without investing in expensive hardware or additional IT infrastructure.
- Gateway Virtual Network – Provide remote users with secure access to your private network/LAN, including the resources it contains, from a centralized Hamachi gateway, without modifying firewalls or network routers.
- Virtual hub-and-spoke networks : Give remote users secure access to specific resources on your network, from any location, without modifying firewalls or network routers.
- Mesh Networking – Connect all your network clients together. Quickly and easily create a simple virtual mesh network that allows remote machines to connect directly to each other, thus giving users basic network access to all the network resources they need.
- Centralized Software Deployment – Quickly and easily provision virtual network client software to new computers without going to the site. Simply send end users a link to download and install the client to participate in a specific virtual network.
- Encryption and Security – Hamachi offers secure communications using AES 256-bit encryption, combined with user and network level security lockdown and authentication.
Who should use Hamachi?
Here are some examples of how you can take advantage of Hamachi. IT Support: Creating a Mobile Office LAN
Many mobile workers use their portable mobile devices in the office while connected to their company’s shared resources (file servers, network printers, mail servers, etc.). But if a user moves away from the local network, they will no longer be able to access these resources. Software that is set up to work inside the office becomes useless outside the office.
With Hamachi, mobile workers become members of a Hamachi network in which all shares are also members of the network. As a result, network settings may remain unchanged. Hamachi sets up the exact same network environment for the mobile user no matter where they are.
Tip: Hub-and-spoke and gateway are the best network modes for this scenario. IT Support: Configuring Network Access for Home Workers
Home workers can be more productive when they have secure access to shared IT resources. With the Hamachi client, home workers get a secure tunnel directly to their company network. They can work from home and still access the resources they need.
Tip: Hub-and-spoke and gateway are the best network modes for this scenario. Outsourced IT: Managing Multiple Networks
A service provider with multiple administrators on their team wants to set up and maintain multiple Hamachi networks for multiple customers. You use Central to create Hamachi networks, deploy Hamachi clients, and apply default and custom settings for each client. You can also manage other administrators in your organization, generate client activity reports, and manage network activity. Small and Medium Organizations: Virtual LAN
Organizations without a physical LAN can use the mesh network type to set up a virtual corporate LAN.
Hamachi settings in Windows 10
Creating your own secure network in Windows 10 and bypassing the hamachi firewall issue is made possible by Hamachi software.